I had planned to selectively post a few pictures from Liam's first real part in the Christmas program at church this year, and leave out a few that weren't quite so picture perfect, and to tell about the good parts. And then I realized someday this might be funny, and I should tell the whole story. So here it goes....
Tim and I made sure to get into church early to get a good seat so we'd have a clear view, me armed with my camera and Tim with the video camera. I had my fingers crossed that he wouldn't get nervous in front of all those people and be too shy to say his part after he'd practiced so long and was so proud of knowing his line.
So they walk in, and I see his face, and he doesn't look very pleased....
His line was first so his teacher led him, stomping and head hanging down, to the stool in the front row, and he did this.
After some coaxing and whispering in the ear, he gave his line not exactly cheerfully, but he remembered it. 
At some point we stopped video taping. We should have had a picture of ourselves watching this whole thing as I'm sure the glare on our faces was scary. There was more head hanging and pouting, but by the end he pulled it together and rang his bells and sang. 

When Liam sat down with us I think I said something like "What was that all about???!!!". Then we learned that just before the program Liam found out that the love of his life was Mary, but he was NOT Joseph. Someone else was Joseph. Good grief. There was a long talk and an apology to his teacher, and a big grin from the older gentleman behind us who said to me as I shook his hand, "You sure have a handful with those two, don't you?"
Sunday, December 7, 2008
Christmas Program
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Real Life...gotta love it!
Great story, Kim!
It is "oh so Liam".
Kim, someday you will be able to look back and laugh at all this. You will always remember this Christmas program...more so than if he performed perfectly. Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment