Monday, October 13, 2008

Hello Winter

Even for Montana, this is absurd

Even for Montana a snowfall like this in the middle of October is crazy! But the boys were loving it and Landon was standing by the back door in his pjs with his snow boots by 6:30 am. Last year he had a hard time getting around the snow with the bulky snow pants and heavy boots, but this year there was no holding him back. He'd come to the door for a mitten adjustment and run right back out.

Hello Winter

Liam could play in the snow from sun up to sun down (and still have energy to spare). I think he was outside for nearly five hours one day. We actually don't usually get this much snow even in the middle of winter in Billings. It reminded me of one of my childhood memories when we had a really big snowfall in Kalispell and Dad dug a fort out of the snow for us. At the time it seemed huge and I remember it like it was yesterday. So I grabbed the shovel and Liam and two of our neighbor girls and I built a snow fort, complete with chairs and a couch and windows. I overheard one of Liam's friends say "Your mom is so cool." I'd be lying if I said I wasn't smiling.
Snow day10.12.084

We enjoyed our early snow day with Mom and Dad, Tim and Stacie, and Joe who were all here for the annual hunting weekend.
October Snow01

I heard the hunting wasn't great but what's more fun than driving through snow drifts so deep you can't see anything but white? There was a tractor required to pull someone out and as the snow melted and the roads in Rapelje turned to gumbo, I think the gas mileage actually decreased from the extra weight of mud on the cars.

Actually there was some success in the hunt from brother Tim, and like many times and years before, there was a family gathering in Stan's meat house.
Antelope Hunt '08_08
Antelope Hunt '08_06
Antelope Hunt '08_05
Antelope Hunt '08_17
Antelope Hunt '08_11

As always Sheila was the ultimate host and the most difficult part of the day was deciding which of Grandma Betty's pies to choose.
Antelope Hunt '08_19

20081013_0086

1 comment:

awomynda said...

wow, what a wonderful place you live in! I don't know if you contacted Alisia, but I've two tickets come up so email me at amandareelick@yahoo.com if you'd like one. Thanks! amanda